The veterinarians at Northside Veterinary Hospital have extensive experience using endoscopy, as yet another diagnostic and minimally invasive tool to help see inside your pet and determine the cause of illnesses. The most significant benefit to doing an endoscopic procedure is that it is less invasive. The veterinarian can take biopsy samples, remove small foreign objects and obtain cultures right through the rigid scope. Therefore, there is minimal recovery time and pets can return to daily activities much more quickly. Endoscopic procedures are performed under general anesthesia, with most patients going home the same day.
Procedures we perform:
- Cystoscopy – Examination of the bladder to diagnosis incontinence, bladder tumors, ectopic ureter and bleeding conditions.
- Rhinoscopy - Examination of the nasal cavity to diagnosis nasal disease like ulcerative rhinitis, tumors and foreign bodies.
- Laparoscopy – Examination of the abdominal cavity performed through a small incision in the wall of the abdomen.
- Bronchoscopy – Examination of the larynx, trachea and lungs to diagnosis chronic cough conditions, asthma, stenotic trachea and bronchial wash.
- Vaginoscopy – Examination of the vagina, cervix and uterus.
- Arthroscopy – Examination of the soft tissue structures and joint cartilage, which is not visible on radiographs.